- Creating a "bidding war" between colleges who see their competitors on your applications list?
- Expertly searching and applying for private scholarships?
- Analyzing education-related tax breaks such as the American Opportunity Tax Credit?
- Opting out of the college's health plan?
- Evaluating meal plans and textbook vendors?
If there is interest I can also ask Ms. Deborah Fox if she'll join us online for Q&A.
In the interest of full disclosure:
- Ms. Deborah Fox is a brilliant, insightful, nationally known expert in the field with a quick wit and a winning smile.
- She's also my cousin.
- I don't have any financial interest in her business-- but I think it's a really good idea, which is why
- I poached the article by taking the screen shots below, since (as you already know if you tried the link above without a subscription to the WSJ) the article lives behind a paywall (screen shot at bottom), which means that almost all of the people who most need to read it won't. If this presents an ethical dilemma please stop reading here.