According to the American Heritage Dictionary, the word accountable (adj.) means, "Answerable; responsible." Contrary to popular belief, we do not hold others accountable-- we ARE accountable (or not). So, write a performative utterance in which you describe how you will use today's time to pursue your goals in this course and the world at large.
2. 35 minutes you will never have back
- Compare your notes with others' and reflect on
- your note-taking strategy,
- anything you're missing,
- or disagree on,
- or have questions about.
- Ask yourself what elements of GE and TOTC would make for meaningful comparisons. Using what you've learned about AP-style prompts, create a few that invite analysis of similarities/differences. Also consider how a "big idea" (Open Question) might apply to both. For example: People change their attitudes and behavior depending on where they are in time and place. How does this 'doubleness of character' reveal itself and influence the reader's understanding of theme/tone in the following works?
1. Post a description of how you used today's time (title: THE TIME OF MY LIFE)
2. Study for lit terms quiz Monday