I hope you and your families have enjoyed your time away from school.
Welcome to the next chapter of our adventure.
Originally I planned on assigning work throughout the break as a way to sustain our momentum. At the same time, however, I was also aware that (most of) you had done a lot of work and I wanted to avoid burn out, so I decided to give all of us a proper break. (For the record, no one objected. :)
Now it's time to revisit what we accomplished in the fall and figure out how best to build toward achieving our goals in the spring. Over the next few days I will post steps for you to take so that you're prepared for the first day. These are assignments that will be evaluated not just by me, but by your entire learning network (which you will build
The first step is to figure out what you want to accomplish.
I'll go first. My goals for the spring semester are as follows:
- To help every member of our learning community accomplish his/her goals;
- To help every member of our learning community pass the AP English Literature and Composition exam
- Comment to this post with a brief (1-2 sentence) description of what you want to accomplish by participating in this course over the next six months. (NOTE: This should be about your personal passion, not a Hallmark-y "I want an A" or "I'll try real hard" nod to the assignment.)
- Post a longer description to your course blog under the title, "What's In This For Me?"
- If you haven't yet, write yourself an accompanying email here for delivery in one year. Ultimately, the future you will have the best idea as to whether or not you have truly succeeded.
Wishing you and yours a Happy New Year,