JOURNAL TOPIC: [today's tunes: "Move On Up" by Curtis Mayfield]
"Action expresses priorities." -Mohandas Gandhi
What are your priorities? Specifically, what are you doing here? Why are you enrolled in this course? What actions can your colleagues and I expect from you this year that will express your priorities? What does success look like to you? How will we know when you've "made it"? If you've ever set bold goals at the beginning only to accept less at the end, how can you prepare your mind to see things through this time around so you won't have any regrets next June?
1. Journal (normally we'll complete this at the beginning of each class period, but since you're writing all period today, please get a spiral notebook-- if you don't already have one-- and write/edit today's journal entry in it before class on Wednesday)
3. Collect &/or account for summer reading notes
1. See http://drprestonsrhsenglitcomp13.blogspot.com/2013/08/poetry-1.html
2. Finish your essay and post to your course blog by beginning of class on Wednesday, August 14 (title: ESSAY #1).
3. Please read & complete Poetry Assignment #1
4. Research the following quote, translate it, and explain its relevance to this moment/course in a brief comment to this post:
dimidium facti qui coepit habet: sapere aude, incipe
(due by the beginning of class Thursday, August 15)