Friday, September 13, 2013

introducing jerry michalski

On Fridays we will host online conversations with a variety of thought leaders to discuss topics ranging from literature to Internet culture to science to [?].  In the past we've been fortunate to spend time with folks like Cory Doctorow, Bryan Alexander, and Howard Rheingold, and this year we have a great slate as well.  As our network expands and you meet people who can add value to our learning experience, please introduce us.  One of our best chats last year was with J.P. Bouvet, who we met through Ricky Luna.

Today we'll be joined by Jerry Michalski, the leader of REX (the Relationship Economy eXpedition).  Jerry is a connector, curator, and catalyst who has an amazing network and a unique ability to put people and ideas together in ways that create meaning and action.   Every time I talk with Jerry I come away with new things to read and think about.

I will begin the conversation by asking Jerry about his perspective on Internet culture, the relationship economy, and his own career path/expertise.  I know he has a couple collaborative projects that may present opportunities for students, so I'll ask him about that too.  Then the floor is yours.  Please have a look at his bio and feel free to ask him anything you like: college, career, Silicon Valley, what kind of tree would he be...

(NOTE: We will attempt to rotate the presentations so everyone can participate live, but we are at the mercy of our speakers' schedules.  We're going to experiment with Google On Air and we'll record each chat, which will be posted/linked after the fact.)

1 comment:

  1. Howdy!

    It was a real treat to be your guest today in class, tech glitches notwithstanding. Remember my standing offer: ping me with questions and I'll try to answer them, and also if you see an activity I'm involved in and would like to help out, let me know that, too.

    There are so many possibilities that I should create a post on my own site and leave a link here. Just added that to my to-do list.

    Meanwhile, make use of my Brain, however strange that sounds: jerrysbrain.com

    Cheers,
    Jerry

    ReplyDelete