***I'm out today but available via the usual e-channels. Please treat the sub as an honored guest. ***
Does language merely describe reality or does it create a sense of
reality? Do speakers of different languages just use different words to
describe the same things, or do they actually think and see the world
differently because of the language they use? Explain your answer.
1. Journal (if you're feeling particularly collaborative you can hum something in concert-- but don't get distracted from the topic or your half-page. Bonus if anyone captures the moment on video & posts)
2. Break into groups and discuss the topic you find most valuable: the art of hosting good conversations online; books v. e-readers; the elements of heroism, storytelling, and language in Beowulf; or vocabulary #3 (definitions/sentences).
3. Please do a quickie audit by period and make sure everyone's commented to the literature analysis posts (I think we're close; if we're still missing a few, please help 'em so we can go over questions together in class on Wed.)
1. Post definitions and sentences/narrative for vocab #3
2. Continue reading your literature analysis book