JOURNAL TOPIC: ["Bad Reputation" by Joan Jett; "Strength, Courage & Wisdom" by India Arie]
Former UCLA basketball coach John Wooden observed, "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your
character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what
others think you are." Briefly describe your character and your reputation. What similarities & differences do you see between the two?
2. Evolution & adaptation
3. A moment in Time (Investment Portfolios)
4. Efficiency vs. effectiveness
5. Discuss Prologue to Canterbury Tales
6. You are such a character!
1. Create Netvibes dashboard, set as browser launch page, and describe in a post to your blog
2. In a post to your blog entitled CHARACTER STUDY (I), use in/direct characterization to write yourself as a fictional character preparing to embark upon a journey.
3. In a post to your blog entitled CANTERBURY TALES (I), list any observations about the Prologue. These may include questions, vocabulary, predictions, literary techniques, and quotes/elements that you found especially effective or memorable. *Which character's story do you most want to read?
3. Vocab (as always)
4. Lit analysis reading (as always)