JOURNAL TOPIC: ["Let's Get Lost" by Chet Baker; "Dazed and Confused" by Led Zeppelin; "Can't Find My Way Home" by Blind Faith]
Today one of your characters will get lost. This will be disorienting and stressful, but in finding his/her way this character will discover something about him/herself. Describe a time you got lost. How did you respond? Why is this such a disconcerting experience, and what can it teach us? What did it teach you?
2. Didn't know which vocabulary list to study last night? (Hint: Midterm Oct 4. Answer: All of them.)
3. Get lost
4. Pick a Canterbury tale for your group to read and present tomorrow in class
1. Read the Canterbury tale your group chose and post a summary to your blog (title: TALE OF A CANTERBURY TALE). In addition to summarizing, answer the following questions: 1. Explain the central character of the tale by analyzing five (5) examples of indirect characterization; 2. What is Chaucer's purpose in telling this character's tale? Is he satirizing society, giving the voiceless a voice, or trying to accomplish a different goal? [Support your argument with textual evidence.]
2. Study vocabulary (midterm Friday)
3. Work on literature analysis #2 (due Friday)