JOURNAL TOPIC: ["Indecision" by Eagle Eye Cherry; "King Without a Crown" by Matisyahu]
Hamlet wrestles with difficult decisions and problems by talking them
through. Based on what (precious little) we've read so far, how do you think Hamlet will
be influenced by such elements as his family, where he lives, emotion,
and the differences between Hamlet's inner world of thoughts/feelings
and the outer world that surrounds him? Feel free to apply your own
experiences on these topics.
1. Vocabulary quiz (UPDATE: postponed until tomorrow/Thursday/10.10)
3. Intro to Hamlet & Act I Scene i
1. Research Hamlet online and answer the following questions
(with citations for any website you consult and/or quote) in comments to
this post: 1)What is the play about? 2)Why is interpreting the play
such a challenge? Why doesn't everyone agree on what the play "says" or "means"?
2. Find at least three other learning communities that are studying Hamlet
(in an AP class, a college/university course, or independently). Introduce yourself and use the principles of "The Art of Hosting Good Conversations Online" to do exactly that! Report the experience(s) on your blog.
3. Finish reading Act I Scene i (script here)