Friday, October 11, 2013

october 11

JOURNAL TOPIC: [today's tunes: "Bullet With Butterfly Wings" by Smashing Pumpkins; "The Ghost Song" by The Doors; "You've Got to Hide Your Love Away" by The Beatles/performed by Eddie Vedder]

What is it about society, relationships, and/or psychology that leads individuals such as Hamlet to bottle up ideas that are dissonant or new? Is there a common thread between Hamlet's struggle to contain his inner thoughts/feelings and Laertes' warning to Ophelia?

AGENDA:
1. Recap: Hamlet Act I Scenes i & ii
2. Hamlet: Act I Scene iii
3. Journal
4. Hamlet: Act I Scene iv

HW:
1. Finish reading Act I for interesting conversation and possible quiz Monday
2. Imagine that you write an advice column and you receive a letter that says, My name is O. and I'm trapped in this weird sort of dating thing-- a prince says he loves me, but my father & brother hate him and tell me to stay away. What should I do? Post to your blog under the title DEAR OPHELIA. (Tip: use the opportunity to play with Vocabulary #8)

2 comments: