JOURNAL TOPIC: [today's tunes: "Melancholy Mood" by Horace Silver; "It's a Man's Man's Man's World" by James Brown]
Hamlet is confronted by a difficult situation. What does it suggest
about society's values at the time? Why does it challenge him so
deeply? How would your response-- as a reflection of both your
personality/psychology and our society's values-- be similar or different?
1. Hamlet: Act I Scene ii (25 minutes)
2. Journal (10 minutes max)
3. Chart a course for Chaucer-esque characters and P2P evaluation (15 minutes)
1. Please comment to this post re: Agenda item #3
2. Please read and comment on Hamlet's first big soliloquy
3. Please read this article and post a response to your blog about it (title: LITERARY FICTION & EMPATHY). How can reading fiction help you understand others? Use Hamlet as an example to explore your own thinking process and reactions to a character's innermost thoughts/struggles.