JOURNAL TOPIC: [today's tunes: "Who Are You" by Tom Waits; "The Real Me" by Johnny Adams]
How does reading fictional characters help bridge the gap between who you are and who you want to be? How does it help you understand other people?
2. Return & discuss midterms
3. Cameron is a good proofreader
4. A word (several, actually) about scholarships and Cracking the Code on College
5. Chaucer's dead... but we're alive! (writing groups on the move)
6. This agenda is long
7. And tomorrow we begin Hamlet
1. Study for vocab test tomorrow; copy/paste your group's work onto your blog (title: VOCAB 7)
2. Post Chaucer thesis do-over (title: WHAT I MEANT TO SAY WAS)
3. Answer these "Pre-Will"questions in a post on your blog (title: GREEN EGGS & HAMLET): a) What do
you know about Hamlet, the "Melancholy Dane"? b) What do you know about
Shakespeare? c) Why do so many students involuntarily frown when they
hear the name "Shakespeare"? and d) What can we do to make studying
this play an amazing experience we'll never forget?